Slice toaster can often seem like a fancy thing; however, they are quite efficient when it comes to saving time in the morning. No matter how you try, you won’t get the crisp in your toasts without a good toaster. To get the best slice toaster, you'll need to ask yourself a bunch of questions before buying one.
Want to take a look? Let’s see how you can buy the perfect toaster without any hassles.
Questions You Need to Ask Yourself before Buying a Slice Toaster
- Does the toaster have a good built?
Most of the toasters are made of plastic and metal; it's the perfect combination for them. However, there are also stainless steel toasters on the market. Every toaster is different, and manufacturers make different quality toasters with different pricing.
That's why before you buy one, you could take them in your hands to see if they have a sturdy build or not. If they seem like they'll break just with your touch, then you should avoid them.
- Is The Toaster Working Properly?
First of all, you need to check if the toaster can accommodate every type of bread. There are so many shapes, and some are really big. If the toaster can't accommodate them, then you'll end up with a half brown toast.
Also, you need to check if it can cover all parts accordingly so that you get a nice even crisp brown texture. You also, need to see if the bread has even color in both sides. Sometimes low-quality toaster will burn one side and leave another side brown.
If the toaster has bagel settings you can try out that too. Timing each of them is the trick. In the end, the performance would matter the most instead of time. So, choose wisely.
- Will it be Able to Defrost without Burning?
Modern toasters now come with a defrosting setting. However, not every toaster can genuinely give you the proper defrosting you need. Most of the time, they only toast the outer layer, and the inside remains cold or soggy. Especially with waffles.
That being said, there are also toasters that defrost it first and then slowly toast it to get the crisp feel. That's why before you pick the best slice toaster you need to check if something like this happens or not.
- Is it Easy to Use?
With a lot of setting, using a toaster is becoming more difficult day by day. However, manufacturers are still trying to make toasters with less complicated attributes. So, to judge, approach them one by one and check if you'll need to read the manual to understand the functionality fully.
If they seem too complicated to handle, don't go for it. It will become a hassle when you are in a hurry, and you have to press a lot of buttons to just make a simple toast.
- Is It Too Big?
The shape matters the most. Not all the people have spare space lying around on their kitchen shelf. Small apartments don't come with a lot of spare space. That's why to look for a piece that actually fits or has a nice shape that would go anywhere.
Too much bulky shape or size will eat up a lot of unnecessary space that you may not want.
We are pretty sure that following these will give you the perfect slice toaster. However, if you don't maintain it, no matter how pricey it was, it will break down. So, take a look at how you should maintain it properly.
How to Properly Clean Up the Toaster
The materials you would need:
- Your toaster.
- Small brush.
- A trash can.
- Lukewarm soap water.
- A damp dish towel.
- A dry dish towel.
- First of all, unplug your toaster and cool it down completely. A hot toaster is not something you want to deal with and burn your fingers. Place your toaster in a newspaper or trash can.
- If it comes with a crumb tray, you need to pop it out. There will be a lot of loose crumbs there. These are super helpful and gets rid of most of the mess effectively. However, if you don't have one, then gently turn it upside down and shake it. It will do the trick.
- After that, take the tray and get rid of the loose crumbs. If the tray is kind of crusty, then use the soapy water to wash it and dry it thoroughly.
- Use the small brush to get to the difficult corners. Brush off the excess crumbs from the toaster.
- Use a clean damp cloth to clean up the outer layer gently. If it's made of stainless steel, then you can use vinegar to shine it up. Use the dry cloth to dry it up.
- After all, is done, make sure that it's all dried thoroughly before using. Also, never let any water go into the toaster at all cost. Pop the tray back in, and you are done.
See, it was effortless. Do this every few days, and you'll have a longer lasting toaster.
Maintaining a toaster is much more crucial as even if you buy a good one, it won’t last if you don’t maintain it. We really hope this guide will help you to find a good slice toaster. Happy toasting!